Dance Music

Since we listed Dance Moves on Monday’s blog entry, and with the 70’s Nightclub Reunion VIII coming up this Saturday, I thought we’d list some dance music.  Provide a link if you want to or just the title.  (remember, only 1 link per post or it’ll go into moderation).

Could be songs from dances – Nuuanu Y, Manoa Gym, Kaimuki Gym or nightclubs – Hula Hut, Magic Mushroom, The Point After, Tiki’s, Duke’s, Latin Villa, whatevers.

Here’s one that I remember from Nuuanu Y days:

Them Changes – Buddy Miles

Do you remember this one?

One Fine Morning – Lighthouse

My first ever slow dance at Nuuanu Y.  Sounds of Innocence played it (I believe):

If I Could Reach You – Fifth Dimension

Summer Sun – Jamestown Massacre

Colour My World – Chicago

And from Hula Hut days with Natural High:

Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel (Extended Version) – Tavares

Another Natural High classic:

Dreaming A Dream – Crown Heights Affair

You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine – Lou Rawls

On The Radio – Donna Summer

Funky Town – Lipps Inc.

Take Your Time – SOS Band

Okay, that takes you from the early 70’s to the early 80’s.  That’s about a decade of songs to come up with.  Now put on your memory caps and go list them.  Repeats are okay.  Put the link if you want.

Just getting in the mood for Saturday Night!

575 Responses to “Dance Music”

@DIO, thanks for the music ❗ Have a great weekend ❗ 🙂

2. David In Oregon says:

YMCA – Village People

😆 😆 😆 😆

On second thought – a new blog entry is up for Friday. I think this one ran it’s course.

But you folks can still post dance songs to it if you want!

@Rod, awwww, no picture, maybe someday…..

Good night 4G and everyone else ❗ Pleasant dreams ❗

Good night Seawalker and ct ❗ Thanks for listening ❗ 🙂

yup; me, too! Thank you all – good times! 🙂

Nite!

8. ct says:

Oh well … time to wrap up … gotta finish up da e-mail … hopefully will check back …

Thanks all … having a blast … laters …

@ct – absolutely! 🙂

10. ct says:

@4G – Sorry in advance to the Buff n Blue-ers. They were the school we loved to hate. I was in orchestra, not in band. If you ever beat one in an audition … they could not believe it … seriously … so any victory over Punahou … any school was sweet to me.

Okay, time to take shower. For real this time. LOL

re: #562 – didn’t mean “no offense” as in offense vs. defense. Meant do not mean to be offensive. LOL.

I’m using a “canned” format and unfortunately it doesn’t allow a picture. Maybe when my blog host has more time, he can create a custom format for me. Until then, no picture. 🙁

@ct – okay. Cool. I will also correct my statement – I agree – Roosevelt, McKinley, then Kalani. LOL 😉

eh, Seawalker, no get big head ‘kay? LOL

BTW, I remember McKinley in the early 60’s was cellar dwellars in football. Really, no offense! I was the band mascot and used to cry when they lost football games! LOL. Can you imagine? 😉

But, on year, we (McKinley) beat Punahou! Ho, the band bus was rocking! “Our team is red hot!” “Our team is red hot!”. LOL-funny, the things you remember . . . .

15. David In Oregon says:

Seawalker: I don’t see why not. The old blog used to feature Rod’s picture. This new one should too. It should feature Rod wearing a fedora. 😀

16. ct says:

@Linda – Well … they’re not done yet. Oldest at UH on the 6 year plan, and twins, both sophs one at UH Engineering and the other at KCC Auto Body and Fender … cross your fingers and knock on wood … I guess … all you can say … is … so far … so good

@Seawalker, #554, I agree ❗ Rod had his picture on his Vegas blog and his other MLC blog so I knew what he looked like long before he met me IRL ❗

Okay, Rod, handsome one, post a picture of you on ths blog ❗ Soon ❗

@ct, you raised 3 sons ❓ Anyone who can survive that many sons deserves a medal of honor ❗ My 2 girls followed all the rules, my 2 sons did not ❗ Made me wish many times, I had loved and lost and was childless 😆

Thank God, they both turned out okay as adults. The military straightened them both out. I should have sent them to boot camp at 12 years old 😆

19. ct says:

@4G – Ewa Beach beat Tamiami of Florida in California 6 to 3.

You Ought To Be Having Fun – Tower of Power

Check out Doc in his tux doing the shuffle!

@DiO – OldFutsBlog @…

I think Rod should put his picture on his homepage. Shauna has hers on. It kind of personalizes the blog and adds a human touch.

What you guys think?

@DIO, #539, I watched that special on Rell on TV and donated $100 to her. She was an awesome surfer ❗ What a short life ❗ Why do the GOOD die young ❓

23. ct says:

@4G – Yeah, I agree but I guess it was incentive to go to all of the games. Well … kinda biased but I think for my years it was Roosevelt, McKinley/Kalani for the town schools …

@DIO, sounds good to me ❗ 😆

@ct – okay, I know Broncos. I was trying to get at who did they beat to win championship?

@ct, you had a torn ACL and meniscus, sounds like what my husband just went through but he did this due to Karate. Some young kid sparred with him and kicked too hard. He’s almost 65 this month and thinks he’s still 18 ❗

Our daughter tore her ACL falling down the snowy mountain in Colorado last year ❗ What an adventure in knee surgeries we had ❗

27. David In Oregon says:

Linda: That’s why I told Rod, that that would’ve been a good email address:

OldFutsBlog @

😆

LOL @DiO – yeah, otherwise known as doo doo eyes! 😉

29. ct says:

@4G – That’s the Broncos division of the little league. You know like Pony, the Broncos are 11 to 12 year olds, I think they are an all-star team from Ewa Beach/Kapolei …

lol@ct. Nah – in my day I think it was Roosevelt first; Kalani second . . . . 😉

@DIO, night owl, good evening ❗ We are “old futs” remember before Rod changed the heading to an email there ❗

32. David In Oregon says:

4G: Maybe get makapiapia in da eyes, eh? 😆

LOL–oops, missed Seawalker’s post on Rell Sun. Talk about eyes going goo, goo! LOL.

34. ct says:

@4G – Yeah … but I must say FHS had some sweethearts … that’s for sure but couldn’t talk to them on your campus … otherwise … well you know … wait … gotta pick-up my face … hahaha

@DiO–Rell Sunn?

36. David In Oregon says:

Seawalker: I’m not sure. I know Rell was married 3 times. Whether Frank B. was husband #2 or not, I don’t know.

Speaking of Rell, if you haven’t seen the biography they made on her called, Heart of The Sea, go check it out. It’s about an hour or so, on dvd, and is a really cool story about her life, from surfing to her fight with cancer.

@ct – where are the Broncos from?

I salvaged my eggs with a little salt and pepper and best foods mayo, it tastes surprisingly good.

As a good wife should, I made a fresh batch of hard boiled eggs for my husband as he requested for his breakfast. This time I watched it and made it perfectly 🙂

LOL @ct – yup! Better than Bebe! LOL 😉

@LK – How’s the egg salad sandwich coming along? At least you knew how to make use of your burnt eggs…

Ok, what did I miss in 30 minutes ❓ So many posts, 1000 huh Rod, we’ll see…..

42. ct says:

@Seawalker – Well you have a lot to look forward to … good luck … don’t think I could handle girls … got 3 boys.

Hey … the Ewa Beach Hurricanes won the Broncos (11-12) Little League World Series Championship … congrats!!!

lol @ct. I remember that song, but when you mentioned “Indian Reservation”, my mind went to:

44. ct says:

@4G – Hey … at least the cheerleaders looked good … hahaha

45. ct says:

Hey look what I found …

Paul Revere and The Raiders – Arizona

More known for Indian Reservation

@DiO – Hey, wasn’t Franky B. married to Rell Sun once? Now that’s a real Beauty and the Beast! LOL

@ct – Cool! I actually had an uncle who was the VP of the FHS adult school. We live in the Kalani district now, but high school is a long ways off for our kids.

@ct – yup, I know it has been a l o o o ng losing streak. I think I posted here before – with my daughter going there. The “victory” cheer was if they made a touchdown! lol.

49. David In Oregon says:

Frank? As in Frank B. Shaner? That guy is hilarious.

@522 – what?! Fried rice with no peas? LOL! J/K! 🙂

51. ct says:

@4G – The funny thing is that the last game Kalani Varsity won was against Roosevelt … when my sons were attending … hahahaha … oh well

lol @DiO. How you? 🙂

@Rod – Always listen to Frank and Mandy in the morning on KUMU. They’re like lup chong and rice. Goes good together! Nekoba in the afternoon, well, maybe he’s the egg. Put ’em all together and you got fried rice! Hehehe.

54. ct says:

@Seawalker – We got along with our FHS brothers … my father is a governor. I gave this link to 4G that has a picture of the old Honolulu Stadium and the Civic Auditorium:

You can listen to Cheerio March and Peter Gunn

55. David In Oregon says:

“old fut station” 😆

@Seawalker – okay, just gave a listen to “And So It Goes”, pretty good! Thanks! 🙂

@ct – no prob. Hey, they may even win a few games, eh? 😉

@Rod – yeah, KUMU – that was the old fut station before, yeah? And now, it’s the cool station! LOL! 😉

@ct – Don’t throw stones at my passing Camry. I only had good things to say about Kalani. LOL The FHS boys were still at it at 6:30 tonight. Sheesh, no wonder they win year in, year out!

btw, if you want to listen to MLC music, tune in to KUMU-FM (94.7)

59. ct says:

@4G – Thanks man. My father said the same thing too … he said they look a little bigger too. For me … as long as represent …. jus execute and score a few times … that’s good enough for me. I only played a few JV games … and torn ACL, MCL, cartilage and throw in a damaged meniscus … then that was it. The funny part was that even though we only scored 6 points the whole season … we tied Kalaheo … hahahaha

@ct – Seawalker said that he drives past KHS on his way home from work. Said that the turnout for KHS football is much better than years past. Good sign . . . . 🙂

LOL @512 – yup! 😉

62. ct says:

@4G #495 – Don’t remember that post … jus glad Ron Lee decided to help out. Ehhhh … must be one of those senior moments … what is the line … hmmmmm … sounds familiar … why don’t you expand on that idea … and I’ll catch up … hahahaha …

Here’s a classic album from social time:
    The Best of Bread: Side 1
    o Make It With You
    o Everything I Own
    o Diary
    o Baby I’m A Want You
    o I Don’t Matter To Me
    o If

The clubs used to put that album on and were set for slow dancing for the next 1/2 hour.

Cool, Rod (#507) – no prob! Thanks!

65. ct says:

@Rodney – Sheeessshhh … what’s up with da techie stuffs … nah … I guess da blog host doesn’t have a day off …

@ct (#497) – thought that voice sounded familiar – Popsicle Toes! LOL

@Seawalker – yup; that was the football chant from “Bebe” (head cheerleader, back in my time). She was one TITA! God rest her soul . . . . 🙁

@LK – I think 500 is a record for MLC Hawaii. But previous music title entries in the old MLC broke 1,000 (a couple of times).

But we have all weekend to do it! 😈

***
    4G Says:

@Rod–Let Seawalker out of purgatory! 😉
    ***
    Post #342 (Seawalker) inserted. I was looking for a post awaiting moderation after I read his post, but nothing was there. Then I looked in the spam folder and found it there. I don’t know why it went to the spam folder.

But then after I approved it, it was inserted as post #342. That meant that all references to posts after that were thrown off my 1 number so I edited the posts and incremented everyone’s reference to post numbers by 1.

I may have missed some so if a reference to a post doesn’t make sense, read the post after it. LOL

@4G – I posted that same Samoan war chant about a year ago! When ever those Polynesians did that at Lanakila, it made us all $hit bricks. Come to think of it, a lot of the Lanakila people ended up at FHS. LOL

So much for hard boiled eggs, gonna make it into egg salad for sandwich since I ruined it. Be back in a few….

71. ct says:

Oh well … Linda got me … hahaha … Que Sera Sera … hahaha

72. David In Oregon says:

Good evening everyone!!

Didn’t I say we would hit 500 ❗ 🙂 Must be a record ❗

74. ct says:

Is it #500 !!!

@4G #498, huh ❓

@Seawalker–oh, okay. I tried looking for it on youtube, but no luck. I’ll try google.

minni minni minni, pacha! Pacha! Eh, tongi eh! LOL.

Tongi eh, tongi eh, tongi eh . . .

Eh, tongi eh!

Sorry, Parrington after all, you know? 😉 lol

78. ct says:

Okay something a little different …

Michael Franks – Lady Wants to Know

@4G – That Roberta Flack post just disappeared on me. I know I hit the submit comment button, but poof, it was gone! Try googling it. I found it on somewhere else besides Youtube. But dang it, you have a good memory. I can’t even recall what I did at work this morning. LOL

@ct – did you read what Seawalker posted a couple three blogs ago re: KHS football and Ron Lee?

LOL @Seawalker! Jus’ six more ’til 500! LOL.

Man, how do you guys read and type so fast. I just noticed @Rod dropped in. Getting dizzy scrolling back and forth. Time for a shower first…

lol @490 – or, just visual and never hear a thing! 😉

so, @Seawalker – I am just dying to listen to the Roberta Flack that got put into moderation . . . .

@4G – (#484) Braddah, now you talking! Some of us are visual first before we hear things…LOL

Jus’ 13 more til 500! 🙂

Everyone, I actually went to a Beach Boys concert in the 1960’s, I know I’m old. And, they sang, “California Girls”. Another singer was featured with them and she sang, “Baby, I’m Yours”. I forgot her name. People booed her when she came on stage because she was “fluffy” but when she sang, her voice was so smooth and nice, everyone applauded afterwards. “Never judge a book by it’s cover”.

@ct (#482) – good one, brah! I like it!

@LK – no prob with “venting”. LOL – yeah, like this my blog or something, eh? 😳

@Seawalker #480, that’s much better ❗ 🙂

@ct, #481, love it ❗ 🙂 Sunshine it is 😆

Continuing on from #469 re: California Girls. But, somehow, I tend to like this one better – I have no idea why!? 😉

Hi Rodney, thanks for taking my advice. Sorry I ventilated on this blog. YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN ENDURING ❗

93. ct says:

Sunshine because … the room just seems so much brighter after they leave … rim shot …

@LK – Okay, you win on #471. I like the way Mrs. Seawalker just the way she is, beautiful inside and on the outside. 🙂

95. ct says:

@4G – #461 Thanks for that … hahaha … I too thought Doris was sexy …

@Linda – I cannot believe that someone actually hates you … jealous maybe … but hate … nah … you are such a sweetheart. As for me, my problem is that my boss has a photographic memory … and never forgets any e-mail or conversation. Gotta be careful of what you say or promise … cuz it will come back to bite … hahaha … anyway … if I were you … I wouldn’t sweat it … jus enjoy everyday because of the people.

Reminds me of a joke … jus call you boss “Sunshine” … because every office has a sunshine person.

@Seawalker, I would love it if she didn’t have to talk to me for 29 more days. She sat and watched me work for 2 hours on Monday and Tuesday to see if I were working. And, I’m one of those that skips breaks, never talks story during work hours, takes a short lunch and stays longer! She doesn’t know a good employee until I leave….. 🙁

@Rod–Let Seawalker out of purgatory! 😉

hey, @seawalker (#464) – that one pretty good, too! 😉

***
    LINDA KATO Says:
    August 12th, 2010 at 8:06 pm edit

@Rod, take a break and let this one ride through the weekend ❗ 🙂
    ***

Ok!

Thanks Seawalker and 4G, will go listen now to calm me down. Just burned my hardboiled eggs typing my thoughts. I forgot I had it on the stove, could have burned down my house!

@LK – You are too funny! Nobody has it worse than me. About a month ago, my boss wanted to give me the shaft. So he didn’t talk to me for over 2 months. We just kept it as a running joke in the office. That’s how I survived. Did it bother me? Heck no!

Each day, it is 50 miles commuting to and from work for me. But I always thank my lucky stars I can bring home a paycheck! I’ll work until 70 providing my health holds out. On the other hand, my wife is also counting down the years until she can retire. LOL

LOL @LK–‘kay, bad day, huh? Bring it! LOL. J/K!

@LK–shhh! #467 – let’s not be talking about that! 😉 LOL.

@Seawalker #460, your wife had 2 beautiful children for you so appreciate her as she is.

I had 4 children so am quite fluffy. When I don’t have to sit in front of a computer and type all day long my husband and I will walk 2 miles a day again. That should get me back in shape. But, I remind him that I gave him 2 beautiful children. His first wife didn’t want to “ruin her figure” so has no children ❗ I’m in the mood to argue tonight, sorry, had a bad day!

dang @Seawalker! LOL! Too funny!

@LK – hang in for 29 more days. Not too bad; just think how long you have endured till now, right? 🙂

I am envious. Me, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have to work until the day I die! LOL! 😉

I believe the classic “California Girls” is the Beachboys (but I am no expert like Rob@96744):

@LK – Seawalker at your service. LOL 🙂

The Beach Boys – “California Girls”

Just name ’em, and you got ’em!

And she said she reads this blog daily so she can see if I said anything inappropriate ❗ Guess she will scream at me some more tomorrow but I am counting the days…… No one could pay me to stay longer ❗

Seawalker and ct, I would DIE if I had to work until I am 70! I have a boss who totally hates me! Imagine working for someone who verbally abuses you daily! I hope I can make it through 29 more days! I can hardly wait to leave her so she can go abuse someone else ❗

@ct – That’s what I always tell everyone; my goal is to work until 70. The mortgage will be done by then, kids will be on their own, and the longer I delay touching a pension, the better! LOL

@Seawalker, 4G read my mind, I was going to request Que Sera Sera, this song would play on the radio every day when I was in elementary school. I really like it.

How about The Beach Boys, California Girls (unsure of title), catchy tune ❗ Thanks ❗

Don’t want to overdo it, but since @Masako posted the link, I was fishing around and really liked this one too. Promise, not Pake anymore!

I’ve Never Been To Me

@Seawalker – yup! 😉

hey @ct – LOL. 😉

Doris Day, “Que Sera Sera”:

Can I add Doris Day to “teen crushes”? lol

@4G – LOL. The wife would kill for a figure like that. Especially after having 2 kids. And yah, I wouldn’t mind if her figure was li’ dat again.

116. ct says:

@Linda – Here’s one for you …

Society of Seven – Summer Symphony

And yes … I still jealous that you goin retire in less than 30 working days … nah … I’m happy for you … now take me with you … hahahaha … jus kidding … jus cuz I goin be working until age 70 … oh well que sera sera

Nite Rob96744!

Hey, Seawalker! Hey, Teresa Teng – pretty good! 😉

@LK – Any songs request? Since our main DJ, Ankles, is moemoe, I can look it up and post for you. 🙂

@Rob@96744, good night ❗ Thanks for all the music ❗ Have a great week ❗ 🙂

121. Rob@96744 says:

Im back…(temporarily)I forgot to mention here that If you really need a tune that you cant find but it was popular here (made the Kpoi Action 20, KKUA top 40 or KIKI golden key 30, ill be more than happy to help you. Contact the moderator and he’ll put you in touch with me, and before I forget, since the topic was Stephen Bishop, i’d like to put my 2 cents and nominate “If Love Takes You Away” which is my favorite of his, and I also like Maureen McGovern’s “Very Special Love”…Goodnight MLC’ers (again)…

122. ct says:

@Rob – Awesome good points will look for those selections somewhere. I would like to see some of your collection one day. Have a good one.

123. ct says:

More Christopher

Christopher Cross – Never Be The Same

@Seawalker, good evening ❗ Great songs ❗ Thanks for your contributions ❗ 🙂

@Rob@96744, are you a professional music collector for radio stations ❓ How nice of you to burn CD’s for everyone. Thanks for your generosity ❗ You are da best ❗ 🙂

@Rob@96744 – Thanks, man! Appreciate it.

One more time…

Teresa Teng 鄧麗君 Deng Li-Jun – I’ve Never Been To Me

128. Rob@96744 says:

For the rest of you, back on topic. After scrolling thru 400+ repiles my 53yo eyes are hurtin..What I did not see (I think) was a song by a Canadian group called FOOTLOOSE, who had a minor hit here in Hawaii called “Leaving For Maui” which was given considerable airplay by Kamasami Kong (Robert W. Zix).
    @4G #411: Since you like Mary MacGregor, how about “Good Friend”, and speaking of Bread, how about “Sail Around the World”, by David Gates…
    Gotta go back to mondays post #90 so I can respond to that. Thank you all, and Have a Good Evening. See you all in the morning…

129. ct says:

Groovin the Kenny Rankin way …

Kenny Rankin – Groovin’

Can’t find any video … only audio

The Grass Roots, “Temptation Eyes”:

Okay, digging deep into my pockets. This one should bring out all the Pake lurkers. LOL

Charlene - 愛はかげろうのように (I’ve Never Been To Me)

132. ct says:

Lot’s folks like the Stephen Bishop On and On. Try listening to the Kenny Rankin version

Kenny Rankin – On and On

Sorry … no real video

133. ct says:

#437 Sorry posted the link with 2 songs by Stephen Bishop

Save It For A Rainy Day
    One More Night

And One by Christopher Cross

All Right (Think we’re Goin Make It)

@ct – Wow, Bish! Right on!

135. Rob@96744 says:

@Ankles: You know da email address. Send me a real address with da want list and i’ll do my best for you.”After All” “That’s What Friends Are For”. I’ll send you the complete liz damon 1st album made from 1st generation reel tape, a “Me Japanese Boy” which was cleaned from a new lp using pro tools, the copper nickel stuff and Diamond Head sides. Digitized the Moffatt stuff back in ’97 for his return to FM so I have clean versions of most of the Kpoi Action 20 from about 1967 to 1976.

Silver Convention, “Fly, Robin, Fly”:

@ct, #437, Save it for a Rainy Day. Thanks, ct, haven’t heard this song in years ❗ Isn’t Rod’s topic idea fun ❓ ❗

138. ct says:

Was trying to find the Billy Kaui version of Make It With You but no moa … I like that version alot

So howz about Stephen Bishop – Save It For A Rainy Day

Some drop outs but overall good …

@ct, thanks, “Bread” is one of my favorite ❗

@ct – the classic Bread song! 🙂

Hi, ct and 4G ❗ Lots of music ❗ 🙂

WB, LK! Lots of music to listen to . . . . 🙂

143. ct says:

Hi Linda hope your week is going good. Howz about this one.

Bread – Make It With You

OT: 29 more work days until I retire ❗ Whoo hoo ❗ 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

@KAN, good night ❗ 🙂

@4G, hello ❗ 🙂

@ct, hello ❗ 🙂

@Rod, take a break and let this one ride through the weekend ❗ 🙂

@ankles, good night ❗

Just watched a Hallmark movie for 2 hours and look at all the postings ❗ Will take me the whole weekend to listen to all the music ❗ 🙂 Housework will have to wait ❗

Dire Straits, “Sultans of Swing”:

@Kan – one for you. Bread, “Aubrey”:

I love this song . . . . 🙂

Rare Earth, “I Just Want to Celebrate”:

151. ct says:

Take care KAN … good nite

152. ct says:

@4G – #414 Yeah … BTO with some brain thumpin beat … choice one

Night, ankles and Kan!

@4G: I LOVE Bread. Nice!
    @Ankles: ditto on Stylistics. They still sound good after all these years.

G’night everyone!

155. ct says:

@Ankles – Take care … only one moa day foa go … mahalos again!!!

@ct – What? We wasn’t on topic?! LOL.

CCR, “Travelin’ Band”:

157. ct says:

okay one more on topic

Thelma Houston – Don’t Leave Me This Way

Starts weird but is pretty good … trust me … hahaha

ct:

I wonder if Rodney is going to let this run through the weekend ❓

Time for bed….no flex day tomorrow…..

Stylistics – You make me feel brand new (Live)

160. ct says:

well bettah at least try to get back on topic at least for one song …

Vicki Sue Robinson – Turn The Beat Around

Mary McGregor, “Torn Between Two Lovers”:

Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl (Live)

Melissa Manchester – Don’t cry out loud

Gladys Knight – Midnight Train To Georgia (Live)

@ankles – wow, forgot all about the Doobie Brothers!

@ct – Vehicle – I ALWAYS liked that song!

Elton John – Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Live)

167. ct says:

@ankles – You da man … we got our own in house master DJ … much mahalos

woooo hoooo … #300 & #400 in the same post

Doobie Brothers – China Grove (Live)

Tony Orlando & Dawn – Candida (Live)

170. ct says:

@4G – #396 Yea … been a long time since I heard that one

Ides of March – Vehicle

Rolling Stones, “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”:

@ct – “Hold the Line”, I haven’t heard that in a long time! Good one.

Golden Earring, “Radar Love”:

173. ct says:

@4G – #391 Thanks … that hit da spot

So howz about some Toto – Hold the Line

174. ct says:

Gloria Gaynor – Never Can Say Goodbye

Cannot keep track hope this wasn’t posted already

LOL @ct. TY, too! The last post was a takeoff from your EJ links last night. 😉

Elton John, “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”:

177. ct says:

@4G – So what you hip brah? Nah … awesome selection … startin to get jazzed again … mahalos bruddah.

178. ct says:

I know Rodney likes Follow Your Road or Light the Light so I going post something different more along the lines of funk

Seawind – We Got A Way

@ct – doing okay. LOL @ “a little out of hand”. I can relate. Cool posts between you and Rod last night.

180. ct says:

@4G – Howzit … so how you brah?

Yeah … got a little out of hand. Had a long … long day … meeting after work … then fixing a computer for my classmate so was jus jammin to the posted music … got all jazzed … hahaha

181. ct says:

Don’t know if I saw this one.

The Emotions – Best of My Love

Sorry not video, couldn’t find good sound with the videos

ct! Howzit! You and Rod was busy last night, eh? 😉

183. ct says:

Howzit everyone!

Wow … bummers Colt nevah get foa play

Okay howz about some Cheryl Lynn – Got To Be Real

Hi, LK!

@Seawalker – Thanks for the link to the game! Too bad no Colt. May be just as well – give him more time to prepare.

@ankles – Thanks for link to “Love is Blue”!

@ankles, maybe next time Colt will play.

Have a nice evening ❗ 🙂

No Colt tonight….

Good evening MLCer’s ❗ 🙂

All your computer talk is greek to me ❗ Some of you are soooo smart ❗ ❗

Lots of postings, you think we’ll hit 500 hits before the next topic is up ❓

@4G – Campbell was supposed to play 1st, Colt 2nd Qtr, and Boller 3rd and 4th Qtr.

Going home…enjoy the game!

I read somewhere, dunno where, that Colt was expected to play in the 4th quarter.

Boller’s back again 🙁

…link back again…

Arrrggg…..link stop transmitting….Boller still in thou…

Boller again….

I guess Colt will play in the 3rd/4th qtr? They left Campbell in there for 1 1/2 qtr since they were marching down the field.

@Ankles – How come Boller is in? Colt was supposed to spell Campbell before Boller.

seawalker:

That’s were I am 😆

@Ankles – Try this for the Oakland / Dallas game. I have it on on my computer.

All right…found the game on the net…

Campbell 2-3 for 6 yds with about 8 minutes left in the 1st qtr.

No Dallas/Oakland game on ESPN…just Carolina/Baltimore 🙁

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. – You don’t have to be a star

Rod Stewart – Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?

@Sally & 91boz: The film makes me gag too. Contrary to what you might otherwise think ( 🙂 ) I have a small mouth and a bad gag reflex. 🙁 (Sorry, TMI.)

Pointer Sisters, “Neutron Dance.”

204. 91boz says:

This one has been around for awhile but I still enjoy it!

Arabesque -Friday night

Can sally do this dance ❓

Alicia Bridges – I Love The Nightlife

Paul Mauriat & His Orchestra – Love Is Blue

208. 91boz says:

Ditto that on dental X-rays!
    I hate it when he puts that film inside my mouth. Makes me gag .. Yuck.

Another 60’s dance favorite.

Loggins & Messina, “Your Momma Don’t Dance”:

One of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs…

Fleetwood Mac – Little Lies

Kathi:

I saved a bit over a 3MB (on a 25MB mp3) on a gzip file under Linux. Using ‘tar’ saved very little. Extrapolated over 28MB may just give you enough breathing room 😆 But your yousendit.com sounds interesting. We use SSH’s secure FTP for overly large file transfers.

MY license on using WinZip expired so I couldn’t experiment 🙁

@KAN (#339) – “I Like Dreamin'” – Good one! 🙂 I had forgotten about that song.

@Seawalker – okay, I’ll wait till your post comes out of purgatory. 🙂

Billy Joel, “Uptown Girl”:

214. kathi says:

@ankleBYTERS (#332): MP3 is already a compressed file format so zipping would usually not make it much smaller, if at all.

@4G – Oops, my Roberta Flack post went into moderation. It was “And So It Goes”. Try listening to that one!

@4G – (#330 & #331) Check out this song by Roberta Flack. My favorite on her Greatest Hits.

@ankles: I checked out Sick Puppies on U2B… I like their style. Similar to another group I can’t think of the name offhand. (the guy’s voice style)

I guess that makes me SICK! LOL

@KAN: you so funny! Why you hate them? The shape of some people’s mouths make it tender when the corners make contact. Mine does sometimes. *ouch* I hope you got a sticker or something from the toy box LOL!

One more slow song:

Kenny Nolan, “I Like Dreamin'”

@sally – Follow-up to Monday’s post #90.

Sorry, checked with our operations guys. No luck. And they said Depp already left this past Saturday night.

I even called Fourth Mate Productions. They asked, “who you?” LOL. You need connections. Maybe Rob@96744 can help you get information. If you want to try, I can give you a phone number to call.

Ask me the easy questions. USC is always emailing me things. Road tickets to their football games, deals from their bookstore, a new Jaguar without negotions with the dealership, etc. 🙂

BTW, the rumor was Depp smells and that’s why he lathers himself with cologne! The people in our office, go figure. I couldn’t resist not saying…LOL

Guuuuud morning! Late back to da pahtee b/c I went to the dentist this morning. I HATE dental x-rays, but at least I don’t have to get ’em for another year. Sally, you’d be proud of me! 🙂

Rodney – nice on the Climax & Nohe songs. “Lihue” is a great one.

sally:

You are SICK, SICK, SICK ❗ 😆

Ok, I added it to the list I’m creating.

@sally – check out post #203. Seems to have helped Seawalker with emoticons. 😉

LOL @ Sunlight! You always kinda got the hint that the girls at the social were getting serious when “Sunlight” got played . . . . LOL.

ankles: Sick Puppies… Triad IV Mix?

Good Morning MLCers! *yawn*

Interesting how you can kinda gauge our ages by the songs that people dance to in their day. LOL

@4G: Sunlight was the first song I ever slow danced to at a party the summer after 9th grade with who would be my first boyfriend. hahaha To this day, almost 40 yrs later, my three girlfriends that were there… we still laugh when we hear the song.

Rodney:

Did you try zipping the mp3, that might get you under the 25MG limit.

Roberta Flack, “The First Ever I Saw Your Face”:

Roberta Flack, “Killing Me Softly With His Song”:

Three Dog Night, “Sunlight”:

sorry I couldn’t find a better vid.

231. Ynaku says:

Good Morning *groan* back to work 😳 :mrgreen:

232. kathi says:

@Rodney, @ankleBYTERS (#225): For exchanging large files, MP3 or otherwise, try http://www.yousendit.com/ – the Lite plan is free and allows you to send and receive files up to 100MB, which is more than adequate for most personal use.

We use it at work (Pro plan and above allow file size up to 2GB) to exchange files with clients. We’re a prepress production company so we often need to exchange large Photoshop files or archives containing files for an entire project.

It’s worked great for me, for both work and personal stuff.

Three Dog Night, “One”:

Wow, @Rod, @CT, and @ankles – you guys were pretty busy! LOL.

Morning, all.

Three Dog Night, “Just an Old Fashioned Love Song”:

@ankles, love the music, but gotta listen to it after work. Would take me a day or several days to listen to all the posts ❗

What a nice topic ❗ Thanks, ankles and Rod, you da best ❗ 🙂

@ankles, Good Morning ❗ #307, nice song, loved the drums, and nice words ❗ Sweet ❗ 🙂

#306, I wouldn’t know how to burn a CD. My computer tech son knows how to do that. Now that he’s married, he rarely comes around. Too busy doing things with his wife 🙂

Quicksilver Messenger Service – Fresh Air

Good morning MLCer’s ❗ Have a great Thursday ❗ 🙂

239. weke says:

Remember Mary- Sweet Marie

240. weke says:

Stella’s Candy Store- Sweet Marie

Santana – Evil Ways

Heard this a lot at dances…bass riff was one of my favorites to play.

Anyone remember the band Backroad Contruction from Kaneohe ❓

243. weke says:

Kalapana-Lost Again

244. weke says:

Kalapana-Naturally

Santana – Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969)

Great drum solo by Shrieve ❗

Billy Idol – White Wedding

LK:

Today’s lessong….like ❓

Another year has come and gone again
    Look around and think where have you been
    Trace the lines on your face tonight
    And don’t forget that this will pass in time

Its cold out this morning
    You should be getting into bed
    Cant believe its that time of year again

Curled uptight a darker shade of white
    Thinking back could be here for awhile

Its cold out this morning
    And its getting harder to pretend
    Cant believe its that time of year again

Can you believe the life you led
    Did you achieve the goals you set
    Did you lose your mind now and then
    Is there a reason you wont mend
    Is that a season that wont end
    Cant believe its that time of year again

Another year has come and gone again
    Look around and wonder what happened

Its cold out this morning
    You should be getting into bed
    Cant believe its that time of year again

You’re fresh out of warnings
    Maybe its time you called a friend
    Forget that its that time of year again

Forget that its that time of year again

4G: #178

That song just popped into my head…

LK:

I don’t have a turntable…been meaning to buy one of the USB plugin ones. I’ve seen one at Target, combo turntable and CD recorder so you can burn a CD from the vinyl….$229

One last one for tonight – Trying to get FunkShun to play this:
    Burn Rubber On Me – Gap Band

k, good night

250. ct says:

@Rodney – Thanks man … Take care all.

Good Nite … foa real dis time … hahahaha

ct

251. ct says:

@Rodney you reminded me of this one

Pat Benatar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot

252. ct says:

Blood, Sweat & Tears – Spinning Wheel

253. ct says:

America – Ventura Highway

Sorry couldn’t find one with good video that had good sound

How about some La Mancha punk rock hour?
    Planet Claire – B52s

255. ct says:

@Rodney – Hey … we forgot Sir Elton

Elton John – Crocodile Rock

Heck lets try for 300 … what da heck

Doobie Brothers and Tower of Power at the HIC.
    I was there!

More songs tomorrow. 😉

257. ct says:

@Rodney – That was one of the best concerts The Doobie Brothers and Tower of Power

Well Good Nite everyone … my thanks to all … had a blast …

ct

Jesus is Just Alright With Me – Doobie Brothers

Oh geez, how could we forget this one:
    You’re Still A Young Man – Tower of Power

@ct – Speaking of Nohelani (who will be performing this Sat), this song takes me back:
    Lihue – Nohelani Cypriano

Another Nuuanu Y song: I’m A Man – Chicago

262. ct says:

@Rodney – #268 Great selection

Cannot forget …

Nohelani Cypriano – Livin Without You

263. David In Oregon says:

Rodney: Yup, saw the Midweek pic. Too bad you weren’t rockin’ the fedora. 😉

Sukiyaki – Ue wo muite arukou – Kyu Sakamoto

Gotta list Kyu!

265. ct says:

Put Your Head on My Shoulder – Paul Anka

266. ct says:

@Linda – One Day is one of my all time favorite songs. Couldn’t find a decent link to Can You See Him but I guess this next one will do … for now …

One of my favorite groups

Batdorf and Rodney – You Are A Song

sally & Diane Ako mentioned Steely Dan. This is my Favorite Steely Dan song:
    Deacon Blues

*not really a dance song, but I had to list it.

268. ct says:

@Rodney – No Rodney not the old music … da Classics …

If It Feels Good Do It – Climax
    no link 🙁

I remember this one from Nuuanu Y.

@ct – Thanks. We’re doing good. Love to recall all the old music.

271. ct says:

TSOP – The Sound of Philadelphia

Three Degrees singing in background

Colour My World – Chicago
    Gotta hear the whole Ballet for a girl in Buchannon version. Too bad I couldn’t find a Live at Carnegie Hall version on You Tube.

273. ct says:

Remembah …

The Three Degrees – When Will I See You Again

274. ct says:

@Rodney – Great post. Hope all is well with you and da family

275. ct says:

Howz about this one

Yvonne Elliman – If I Can’t Have You

Good evening LK. It’s almost tomorrow. 😆

277. ct says:

@Linda – Howzit going??? Hope you’re having a blast … I cannot keep up. It’s awesome

@Ankles – You da man

278. ct says:

A little throw back

Beverly Bremers – Don’t Say You Don’t Remember

Good evening, night owls, Rod, weke, DIO, and ct ❗ 🙂

@DIO – Ah, you saw that Midweek photo,eh? LOL

San Francisco – Village People

* I could only find half of San Francisco/Hollywood

282. ct says:

Remember Billy … Billy Preston that is

Nothing from nothing

283. David In Oregon says:

Good evening night owls.

Finally got to see the Midweek pic with you (Rod) and AP.

284. ct says:

Good evening MCLers!!!

Wow … unreal … thanks for all da tunes. I jus cannot keep up … kinda overwhelming …

Howz about some War – All Day Music

285. weke says:

Sabor a Mi (El Chicano)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpcWW5UIP6Y (added the link – RL)

My Hawaii – Couldn’t find the Young Rascals version so here’s The Krush’s version:

Europa (Earth’s Cry, Heaven’s Smile) – Santana

@Rod, there you are, night owl ❗

If you read the postings, get 4G’s mailing address for me so I can send him a CD. Thanks ❗

Thanks for the music. I love Neil Sedaka and The Beach Boys ❗ 🙂

@Seawalker, #223, that’s a lot of thinking. Will try it when my brain isn’t too tired ❗ Thank you ❗ 🙂

Slow dance time…

Neither One of Us – Gladys Knight & the Pips

I’m here.

@AnklesBYTERS – Rob@96744 gave me a CLEAN version of Do You Wanna Dance. 100 times better than the scratchy version I gave you. But it’s 28.x MB and Yahoo allows only 25MB attachments. I’ll look for an alternative. Maybe some other email provider.

Thanks, Seawalker!

@LK – I think you like Beachboys, me too.

Click on this link (below). While it is playing, drag your cursor to the top where it displays the website. Right click your mouse and select “copy”. Now go back to Rod’s website and “paste” it in the ‘leave a reply’ box. All done. I’ll check back with you tomorrow. 🙂

@4G, night, night ❗ You’re welcome ❗

‘K, nite LK! 🙂 Thank you, again!

@4G, Seawalker went to sleep already. That’s ok, next time my computer tech son is over, I’ll ask him. 🙂

@4G – Okay, one more…

@Seawalker and @4G, good night ❗ I’m calling it a night too ❗ Sweet dreams ❗ 🙂

@Seawalker – a favor? Would you go ahead and “walk” LK through posting on YouTube?

She showed you how to make emoticons! LOL 😉

Well, I’m turning in early. Good night or 晚上好!

@4G, You’re welcome ❗ Pay it foward, do something nice for someone ❗ Every time I share my winnings, I win something else ❗ Always ❗ What goes around, comes around ❗ 🙂

@LK – OMG, LINDA KATO! You are too sweet! I don’t know what to say. Thank you!

*happy*, *happy*!! Wow . . . .

@Rod, where are you ❓ Too much party last night ❓

@4G, GUESS WHAT ❓ I won $50 in gift cards for Amazon.com. I checked tonight and bought the last 2 CD’s for Liz Damon’s Orient Express, remastered, with my free gift cards, just for you ❗ I used free shipping so should arrive in Hawaii on 8/17/10.

I’m having lunch with Rod and Paula on 8/21. Give Rod your mailing address and I’ll send the CD to you ❗ Enjoy ❗ 🙂

@4G No sweat, just don’t call me Stalker! LOL

oops; re:#207; sorry–meant “Seawalker”, not “Sewalker”! 😳

@Seawalker, wow, welcome to the club ❗ 🙂

@LK – Look what I got? 🙂

Cool, Sewalker (#204)! – no offense, but I think I will pass on the kiss. 😉

LOL

Thanks, weke! 😉

@4G – You da man! If you were a wahine, I would give you a kiss too…LOL oops 🙂

@4G – Hello 🙂

@Seawalker – re: emoticons. Not like I one expert or something, and I am just a newb. 😉

My experience has been just need the codes:

So, if you like do one smiley after, say, “Hello” (in the example, “x” represents a space), just make sure you double (original link provided here said to leave a minimum of two spaces between emoticon “code” and regular text), you would type:

Helloxx:)xx

or,

Helloxx:smile:xx

I don’t know if you actually need two spaces (instead of one) between smiley and text and I don’t know if you actually need the trailing spaces.

314. weke says:

@4G On (Walk close to me) Copper Nickle there’s Me Japanese Boy (LIz Damon)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZDw4JQW7k (added the link – RL)

@LK – I wonder where Rod is? Hungover? LOL

Friday night and the lights are low…

You are the dancing queen
    Young and sweet, only seventeen
    Dancing queen, feel the beat
    From the tambourine, oh yeah.

ABBA – Dancing Queen

@Seawalker, my son installed the emoticoms on my computer and gave me the list of things to type in for each one. I couldn’t do it without his help ❗ 🙂 Works every time now ❗

@4G – (#193) One Christmas, I started counting the number of times they played Merry Christmas Darling on the radio. This was commuting to and from work basically. I think I stopped at 100! LOL

@LK – Hey, I’ll walk you through posting from Youtube if you show me how the emotricons are done…LOL

Heard these guys were coming to concert.

Air Supply – Every Woman In The World (1980)

(I could pass for that Pake playing guitar in the video…LOL)

Good evening, Diane Ako and Seawalker, more great music ❗ Not enough hours to enjoy all the songs tonight ❗ 🙂

The little man with the big voice.

Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up

@Seawalker – yes; “Merry Christmas, Darling”. *sigh* LOL.

Sorry, if I repeating…never got turned down with this song (yet). LOL

Dead or Alive – You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

Dance music includes the slow ones too…my favorite!

The Only One – Lionel Richie

@4G – (#187) Karen Carpenter, yeah, now we talking!

Merry Christmas Darling – Karen Carpenter

Yes, Steely Dan! I’m no expert, but I like whatever I have heard from them. My absolute fave is, “Rikki, Don’t Lose That Number”:

328. diane ako says:

I love Steely Dan! I also love disco!

BOT – ANY song by The Carpenters that was sung by Karen.

@LK – yup, guess so . . . .

@4G, guess we have to wait until ankles (the expert) visits us here in Hawaii ❗ 🙂

@LK – I don’t have a turntable that can digitize – H3ll – I don’t even have a turntable anymore! But, maybe ankles? 😉

@4G, Rod told me I could buy something and do what you say but I am not computer literate. I had an 8 hour on the job class at work for my computer lesson and that was it. I don’t even know how to post a link from Youtube ❗

If you know how to do it, you may borrow it in case @ankles wants it. YOU know he posts music for me almost every day so he’s my favorite blogger ❗ 🙂

Wow @LK – really? Man, I wish you could digitize that album and post it – so I can load it on my iPod! LOL 😉

@ankles, I still have my vinyl record from high school days, “Liz Damon and the Orient Express”, want it ❓

“My Little Japanese Boy” – sorry, could not find a decent link, only a sad a$$ 30-60 seconds . . . . 🙁

LOL @ “Bang, Bang” – wait, we not going circle back to “These Boots are Made for Walking”, eh? LOL.

Hey, sally – where’s your boots? LOL.

And, “Those Were the Days”? OMG – I thought I was the only one who knew and liked that song! LOL.

YUP, ankles! I know what you mean! 😉

4G:

I still remember the album cover of Liz’s vinyl record ❗

LOL @ Winchester Cathedral! This is not a blog – it’s a time machine! 😉

The New Vaudeville Band – Winchester Cathedral

I just had to throw this one in 😆

@Steve – Wooly Bully; good one! I kinda like “Li’l Red Riding Hood”, too!

Wow ❗ And the beat goes on……

Reminds me of my high school days ❗ Thanks for all the songs ❗ 🙂 🙂

Only 30 more work days until I retire ❗
    Whoo hoo ❗ 🙂

Blood Sweat & Tears – You’ve Made Me So Very Happy

Moody Blues – Ride My Seesaw

We would constantly play this 8-track song in my friends Datsun as we all headed out to Leilehua HS to see our GFs.

@ankles – man, Liz Damon and the Orient Express . . . . 1900 Yesterday brings back such memories – I remember listening to that album over and over and over . . . .

TY! Oh, and I need to add Liz Damon to the teen crush blog! LOL.

Moody Blues – Tuesday Afternoon

Creedence Clearwater – Revival Lodi

One of my favorite CCR song to play…

Gladys Knight – Midnight Train To Georgia

Liz Damon’s Orient Express – 1900 Yesterday

James & Bobby Purify – You Can’t Keep a Good Man Down

Steve: #146

That’s a good one….

354. Steve says:

“I Can’t Turn You Loose” by The Chambers Brothers

355. Steve says:

“Do Wah Diddy” by Manfred Mann

356. Steve says:

“Double Shot” – The Swingin’ Medallions

357. Steve says:

“Hang On Sloopy” by The McCoys

Good evening MLC’ers ❗ You folks posted so much music, I’ll need the entire weekend to listen to it all, while you folks party at the Ala Moana Hotel ❗ 🙂

DiO:

Everyone must be on their way home….

360. David In Oregon says:

Ankles (#124): Are you inviting me ova? 😉

Rob@96744:

Are you the one I should thank for the “Do you want to dance” mp3 ❓

362. David In Oregon says:

Good afternoon MLCers.

The Buckinghams – Kind Of A Drag

Jimi Hendrix – All Along The Watchtower

Cream – Sunshine of Your Love

Blind Faith – Can’t Find My Way Home

Derek & The Dominoes – Layla

Neil Young – Heart Of Gold

The Rolling Stones – Angie

Seawalker:

But you guys did look really nice ❗

Kansas – Dust in the Wind

@Ankles – Your #3, Cornelius Bros and Sister Rose – Too late to turn back now. Good one!

Once, we wanted to really put on act at Rumours. So we wore suits and tie. That turned some heads. But it was hot like h3ll with all that clothing on. And nevah score any telephone numbers. Yah, the things you do to impress the girls! LOL

Seawalker:

I think the crowd must have looked at you with their mouths open and were thinking what is this new strange moooosic they’re playing….but I like it!!!, since Madonna wasn’t around then. 😆

I like her Holiday & American Pie song…

Oh oh… I think KAN is channeling my iPod playlist. 😯 😆

374. Ynaku says:

@seawalker we think so. every time they do one ultrasound baby’s legs were crossed.

@Ynaku – (#113) BL’s mystery baby, eh? Gotta be one girl if still no can see ’em after 5 ultrasounds! LOL.

I’m walking into Rumours (Honolulu’s Studio 54)…there’s a hush among the crowd…the sea of people begin to part…coming to the dance floor is Seawalker and Tony Manero (Sat Nite Fever) and 6 chicks. Blaring on the loudspeakers is:

Madonna – “get into the groove”

376. Rob@96744 says:

For the Social Club Broom Dancers: “La-La Means I Love You”-Delfonics,”DoYou Wanna Dance”-Love Society (dedicated to Ankles), “Sunlight”-Three Dog Night, “Precious and Few”-Climax, “Love Can Make You Happy”-Mercy,”Long Time To Be Alone”-New Colony Six

377. Rob@96744 says:

O.K. For you Natural High fans, “Someday We’ll Get By” by Azteca, “Need Your Love” and “To Know” by Full Moon, Rod’s fave “Do It Right” and “Use Your Imagination” by Kokomo, “The Jugglers” by Average White Band”,”Love Rollercoaster” and “Skin Tight” by the Ohio Players

378. Ynaku says:

was so much fun catching up with Lance. Glad to hear Da Wife doing ok. Pregnancy going well. Don’t know if boy or girl after 5 ultrasounds so they be surprised like the rest of us.

Nice to see the gang. First time meeting some of them including Shauna’s Prince Charming.

That’s okay M! Family First. Glad you two still made it and got to meet Prince Charming and see BL again! And most of all, see Ynaku!

Off to work now… have a great day everyone!

Was fun last night at the Pah-tay! I’m glad that masako and I was able to make it even though we were very late! 🙂

Marvin Gaye, “Let’s Get it On”.

Even better, but from the 60’s, “I Heard it Through the Grapevine”:

Guud morning MLCers! 🙂

383. 91boz says:

Batdorf and Rodney Classic!

More Funky Music

My other fave album from the 70’s
    Batdorf and Rodney………. One Day

@91boz: ahhhhh, Abandonned Luncheonette is still one of the BEST albums of all time. It’s how I fell in love with Hall & Oates… then they went Pop. ha!

My friend took me to see these “up and coming” guys at Top o’ da Shoppe

England Dan & John Ford Coley…..Really Love To See You Tonight

386. kathi says:

England Dan & John Ford Coley / It’s Sad To Belong

Moral of this song: Don’t settle because it will come back to bite you in the a$$.

387. 91boz says:

Speaking of Top Of Da Shop —

“Flight” who used to fill in for Summer used to play this Hall and Oates tune.

Steeley Dan……….. My Old School

389. che says:

Good Morning.

I don’t remember names of songs but any Donna Summers song.

Always and Forever not sure who sang it.

From Top o’ da Shoppe
    Stevie Wonder…………. Golden Lady

~sigh~

Little early for Rod’s stated range of years for this, but I love the brass line . . .

Spiral Starecase, “More Today Than Yesterday”

New Colony Six…….. Things I’d Like To Say

Summer, “Forest Green”

(can’t find video)

Lighthouse…………. Pretty Lady

Audy Kimura, “Stay a Little Longer”

Cold Blood…………Valdez in the Country

@KAN: Heatwave had a whole string of ’em yah?

Sweetie says this was Seals & Crofts’ attempt to do disco:

Seals & Crofts, “You’re the Love”

399. 91boz says:

Sally #77 Good One!

Another post puberty days —

Lydia Pense and Cold Blood…… Down To The Bone

I got to meet and hang with them when they came to Honolulu a few years ago. How awesome is dat?! She’s da kewlest!

401. jollette says:

Jackie Wilson…Higher and Higher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsdtUMdXXJg

@Sally, re your #82:

Heatwave, “Always and Forever”

Okay, this is pushing it, but it IS dance music:

Keli`i Kaneali`i, “Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai” (I’m told this is a lot of hula dancers’ favorite song):

Heatwave……….. Grooveline

@KAN: Chaka Khan rocks!

Diamond Head………… If That’s The Way That You Want It

@Sally: Your #68 reminded me of:

Chaka Khan, “Feel For You”

Blackbyrds…….. Walking in Rhythm

Boz Scaggs………We Were Always Sweethearts

Michael Jackson, “Billie Jean”

(tangent here: the song in this video is done by the amazing James Hill, who performed this song in Seattle at Ukefest this year.)

Michael Jackson, “Thriller”

(this is the long version)

@KAN: Rapture is a great karaoke song! Helps if all your friends are drunk. LOL!

412. Ynaku says:

eh what you guys talking about me????? 😆

413. Ynaku says:

Good Morning MLC. Oh man got back WAY PAST my bedtime last night and still get up before the sun 🙁

I think I lost a bunch of braincells. That place so loud and I already no can hear too good.

Keep the music coming.

Carl Douglas, “Kung Fu Fighting”

@LINDA KATO: Ynaku is exactly as he is here, except in a body. lol

Rufus & Chaka Khan…… You Got The Love

Don’t know if this is a novelty tune, but it sure was weird.

Blondie, “Rapture”

And who can forget the novelty tunes:

Rick Dees, “Disco Duck”

KAN is on a roll…..watch out ❗ 😆

Paper Lace, “The Night Chicago Died”

@ankles #50, very funny 😆 Will listen after work today.

@sally, so how was the party last night:?: Is Ynaku a character ❓ Tell ❗

Hues Corporation, “Rock the Boat”

I personally can’t stand this, but it was a big hit

J. Geils Band, “Centerfold”

Wild Cherry, “Play that Funky Music White Boy”

No need for today’s Blast From the Past……but LK still needs her music appreciation lessons…. 😆

…23 year old American actress (plays Mia in One Tree Hill), singer and song writer……like ❓

425. 91boz says:

I remember this going to Don The Beachcomber on Saturday nights listening to Jay sing his signature song!

Gloria Gaynor, “I Will Survive”

(My `ukulele group does this song – we played it just last Sunday. Props to my friend Pam for making us do it.)

Donna Summer: “She Works Hard for the Money”

BeeGees: “Stayin’ Alive”

(So many good dance tunes from that one movie!)

BeeGees: “How Deep Is Your Love”

Gary Toms Empire….. Blow Your Whistle

Rod: Greenwood is bringing this back, listen for it on Saturday. Robin told me to bring my whistle but … nah … hahaha

Woohoo, song game!

Big hit from my era:

“Rock Lobster,” B-52s

432. 91boz says:

Good Morning Ya All!

Remember C’est Si Bon at the Pagoda?
    The Kasuals used to play there and this was one of their signature songs!

Good Morning MLCers!

My days of dancing takes me to Magic Mushroom and following my then boyfriend around the off night circuit around Waikiki.

Hollywood Swingin’…… Kool & the Gang

434. kathi says:

Styx / Babe

(this one is definitely from after I moved to Chicago but I’m posting it anyway since it’s from 1979)

Good morning MLCer’s ❗ Have a great Wednesday ❗ 🙂

@ankles, thanks for the BLAST FROM THE PAST again today ❗ Wow, what a selection ❗ Will have to listen to all the selections after work today! Thanks a million ❗ 🙂

Chicago Transit Authority – Beginnings

437. kathi says:

New Colony Six / I Will Always Think About You

438. kathi says:

Edgar Winters White Trash / Keep Playin’ That Rock ‘N’ Roll

Tommy James & The Shondells – Crimson And Clover

440. jaydee says:

Because You Tube is blocked here at work I can’t post a link. Here are a few songs I can remember:

“Down to the Nightclub”, Tower of Power

“Give it to Me”, Rick James

“Grooveline”, Heatwave

Bachman Turner Overdrive – Taking care of business

Blood, Sweat & Tears – You’ve Made Me So Very Happy

Procol Haram – A Whiter Shade of Pale

The Yardbirds – Heart Full Of Soul

Iron Butterfly Part 2 of 2 Wide – In a Gadda da Vida

Iron Butterfly Part 1 of 2 Wide – In a Gadda da Vida

Another great song to play…..especially the drum solo..

The Doors – Light My Fire

Great song to play in the band…

Creedence Clearwater Revival – Susie Q

Creedence Clearwater Revival – Proud Mary

Marilyn McCoo – Wedding Bell Blues

The Friends of Distinction – Grazing In The Grass

Cornelius Bros and Sister Rose – Too late to turn back now

Everyone must be all hung over from last night….

WOW……furst ❗