Thursday 3 – Pick-Up Lines

Time for a Thursday 3 questionnaire. Some friends were talking about “pick-up lines” and how guys used to use them to… you know… pick up girls.  The girls can share their side of some of the pick-up lines that were used on them.  Or might expect to be used on them.  Huh?  You’ll see.

Just cut and paste the questions and answer them or simply answer them in the order they were asked.  Listing the question number helps too.

And don’t be afraid to share some stories or experiences that you or a friend may have had trying to pick up girls or trying to be picked-up.

1. What are some of the pick-up lines you know?
  2. Have you ever used some of these lines?  Did they work?

Okay, here’s my replies:

1. What are some of the pick-up lines you know?
    The infamous “Do you come here often?“.  I used to overhear guys use that one at the nightclub.  It is so cliche.  Or how about “Don’t I know you from somewhere?“.  That’s usually followed with “What school you grad?“.
  2. Have you ever used some of these lines?  Did they work?
    Once I tried using the “Do you come here often?” line – but I did it in such a way that it was obvious that I was only playing around.  Neva work.
    In this day and age:  “Do you Facebook?“.  Or “Even heard of Midlife Crisis?“.  That’ll be followed with “No, it’s my blog, not what I’m going through!”  And “I am not a creep, honest“.
    And if I felt that the chemistry was there: “Hey, do you have the ‘Bump’ app on your phone?  Let’s exchange numbers.
    And finally “Do you still work or are you retired?“.

Okay, your turn to answer the questions.  Or share a story.  Or rant about creeps.

36 Responses to “Thursday 3 – Pick-Up Lines”

Keoni: You are so funny ❗ My home isn’t that big. 30 of us will be full house ❗ 😀 And, noisy with the piano playing and the kids laughing. Karaoke after dinner. It’s a fun time. 3rd year in a row now, seems to have become a tradition ❗

Hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving ❗ 😀

2. KHS68 says:

@fishhead: “Lola” – I’m not dumb but I can’t understand why she walked like a woman, but talked like a man… 🙂

3. KHS68 says:

fishhead: hahahahahhahaha toooooo funnnnny

4. fishhead says:

God you’re so beautiful, i can’t take my eyes off of you. oops mahoo.

5. Keoni says:

Party? Hey gang, pah-tay at Linda’s house Thursday! 😆

Just kidding, Linda. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Good evening MLCers ❗ 😀

Getting ready for Thanksgiving ❗ Another party at our home on Thursday ❗ 😀

Good morning MLCers ❗ Happy Sunday ❗ 😀

Have a great day ❗ 😀

Love this cool weather ❗ 😀

Good morning MLCers ❗ Happy Saturday ❗ 😀

Have a great day ❗ 😀

9. KHS68 says:

No mistaking this pick-up line… yew! chicken skin, run to the bathroom.
    “Let’s Get It On”

1. What are some of the pick-up lines you know? “You wanna dance?” When I said “no,” he said “why won’t you dance with me?” “Because I have a boyfriend.” “What’s he got that I don’t have?” “He’s a great dancer-between the sheets.” Guy never bothered me again. (He was an upperclassman, notorious for trying to break couples up. Loser.)

2. Have you ever used some of these lines? Did they work? Nope. I was never bold enough. And not the clubby type, even now.

3. If you were to try to pick-up girls in this day and age, what kind of pick-up lines would you try? If I were trying to pick up girls, Sweetie might wonder. . .

“Hello, I love you, won’t you tell me your name.” heh, heh, heh
    The Doors – Hello, I Love You

Good morning MLCers ❗ Happy Aloha Friday ❗ 😀

Have a great day ❗ 😀

Happy Happy Aloha Friday!

What are some of the pick-up lines you know? Do you come here often? Are you related to ______? Would you like to go look at my car? You look like you could use a drink.

Have you ever used some of these lines? Did they work? Never used any.

If you were to try to pick-up girls in this day and age, what kind of pick-up lines would you try? N/A

15. KHS68 says:

Back in my day at the clubs.. I mean waaaay, waaaay back. The cool guys didn’t have to use pick up lines. They just sent drinks over — bartender/waitress would say, “it’s from that guy over there”.

Hey, money talks, bullshit walks. 🙂

Why don’t you make like a tree and leave…

You must be tired because you’ve been running through my dreams all night….

Is it hot in here or is it just you? ….

I’m a bee, would you be my honey?….

Wanna have a three-way with Siri/S Voice?….

I want to click your like button……

17. dk says:

“I know you from somewhere!”
    (I’m thinking…ummm, I don’t KNOW you – but I’m too polite to be rude and instead, ask if they’re from Kailua…)

18. KHS68 says:

@Mark’75 – you tooo funny. you must’ve gone kaimuki 🙂

Good evening MLCers ❗ 😀

Love all of your responses ❗ 😀

G.I. Joe just needed his cool Nissan to pick up Barbie 😆

“Do you wanna dance?”
    Love Society – Do You Wanna Dance

“HEY, YOU, GET INTO MY CAR!” (yeah, like that’ll work)
    Billy Ocean – Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car

“Whatcha name, whatcha numba” (geesh 😆 )
    The Andrea True Connection – What’s Your Name, What’s Your Number

“I’d like to get to know you.”
    Spanky and Our Gang – Like to Get to Know You

“Pardon me, haven’t we met?”
    Kenny Rankin – Haven’t We Met

In 9th grade I was friends with this boy since elem school. These are the ones that you know for so long you look at them as family, not crushes.

So one day we’re walking to class (we had the same class before and after), talking stories, and he said “You like go?” Me… duh… said “Whea?” LOL

He said “steady”
    I said “heah?” (I say that a lot I guess)

He looked at me and I said “uh, no”. Can’t get more blunt than that huh?

He never talked to me again after that. Never. Geez.

27. jaydee says:

Nice story Linda!

Good morning MLCers ❗ Happy Thursday ❗ 😀

Have a great day ❗ 😀

By the way, I sold the condo ❗ 😀

Pick up line: If you want to sell my condo (I’m a realtor-inactive), you must have dinner with me first. I wanted the listing more than the dinner. We had prime rib at the Ranch House, our first date. We’ve been together from that date forward for 29 years now and counting ❗ 😀

1.What are some of the pick-up lines you know?
    get chance? do I know you from somewhere? what school you grad? do you want to dance?
    2.Have you ever used some of these lines? Did they work?
    My husband used the get chance… we are still married, lol!

3.If you were to try to pick-up girls in this day and age, what kind of pick-up lines would you try?
    from a female pt. of view.. do you facebook?

32. moWS says:

Me: “Like dance?”

Girl: “No”

Me: “What about you just go home with me then?”

ha ha ha…nevah work that time, but the “Like dance?” line worked a couple times.

What does NOT work
    Wed night #1:
    Dopey: “Heyyy it’s you!”
    Me: “heah?”
    Dopey: “You were in the sauna at 24 this afternoon”
    Me: “Uh no”… walk away.

7days later, same bar, same idiot. “Hey it’s you again!” I gave him “dat look”. The one that says “Really dude?” You were at the beauty shop in Pearl City. “No”. and walked away.

WEEK THREE! SAME LINE! I mean SERIOUSLY??? I asked him “Do you seriously not know that I’m the same person three weeks in a row?”

I never used pickup lines… 🙂

1.What are some of the pick-up lines you know?
    There’s the old intermediate school line…”Get chance?”
    2.Have you ever used some of these lines? Did they work?
    Nope.
    I really don’t know.

36. jaydee says:

A girl wearing a very short dress in a club says to me, “Can you see my panties”?

My reply, “I didn’t think you were wearing any”.

And off we go!