If you could magically bring back any 5 stores from the old Ala Moana Center, which ones would you bring back? You can list 5 eateries separately because we all love to eat. And no shame make a second or third list of 5 stores/eateries.
Need help remembering the stores? Here’s a list from 1979: http://www.midlifecrisishawaii.com/2014/02/24/do-you-remember-ala-moana-center-1979/
My 5 stores:
- Shirokiya – Because I love all the Japanese stuff and especially the electronics.
- Iidas – Again, all the imported products from Japan.
- Sato Clothiers – I’m still trying to find pants with a 28″ inseam!
- Sears – The electronics, the tools, the aroma of freshly popped popcorn and rubber tires.
- Liberty House – Yeah, I know there’s Macy’s – but not the same.
My 5 eateries:
- Lyn’s Delicatessen – Pastrami sandwich
- Patti’s Chinese Kitchen – More for the nostalgia
- Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlor – For when I could eat a lot of ice cream
- Sears Coffee Shop – Can’t go wrong at a coffee shop
- La Ronde – Just so I’d have a chance to eat there
Okay, those are my first lists. What’s yours?